jueves, 3 de junio de 2010

The Male Midwife...


From start, Obstetrics has been a women career, I think because it first objective is give care to women along your life, and then women are who give care to women.
But, from some years ago, men have joined at career. This creates a new situation into Obstetric area, because so far it was strange to see a man in a traditionally female career.
Find a man in a women career, is as obstetrics, is a controversial topic into the health area, because it often causes discomfort among users, or sometimes they do not want to attend with a men because they feel shame.
Analyzing it from inside the career, I think that there are still many prejudices to men that study Obstetrics, because most often put into question their sexuality or is believed that because they never live birth may not assist women in this process. I think it's the same situation as live male nurse.
Currently, the number of male midwife been increasing, and this situation that should begin to be considered a normal situation to which we must learn, because in spite that they can not live a birth, they have all the capabilities to deliver comprehensive care to women, giving all care that she and her child need.

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi!! I think it must be very complicated to male midwives suffer discrimination just because they choose a profession mainly practice by women. I'm glad I'm a woman!!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. hi chaudiña!
    men midwives are judged for the society, because it does not accustom to see men as midwife, but in this time there to change, and the men must be accept for the society.
    see you!!!
    kiss

    ResponderEliminar